Pages

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Fiery Angel Hair Pasta



I decided to join in over at IHCC this week. This week's theme is "Use Your Noodle". The featured Chef is Giada De Laurentiis.

After reading through some of her recipes I decided to prepare Fiery Angle Hair Pasta.

The recipe uses chili oil, a little cheese, parsley and angel hair pasta. I added chicken breast that was already prepared and waiting to be used in the freezer and chopped bell pepper.

I LOVE garlic and sauteed it along with the bell pepper and chicken.

There was also instructions on how to prepare chili oil, which I had never prepared.



I did half the lemon used in this recipe.

The dish was great and each bite had a nice touch of heat.

Next time....I see shrimp in my angel hair.




Fiery Angel Hair Pasta by Giada De Laurentiis:

Ingredients

  • 1 pound angel hair pasta
  • 1/2 cup Chili Oil, recipe follows
  • 1/2 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
  • 1 lemon, juiced
  • 2 tablespoons lemon zest
  • Coarse sea salt
  • Dried crushed red pepper flakes
  • 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel, optional
  • 2/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan

Directions

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the angel hair pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 6 to 8 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the pasta water.

Stir the oil, parsley, lemon juice and lemon peel in a large serving bowl. Add the cooked pasta and toss with enough reserved pasta water, 1/4 cup at a time, to moisten. Season the pasta with salt and red pepper flakes, to taste. Sprinkle grated lemon peel over pasta for extra flavor and texture. Sprinkle with the Parmesan and serve.

Chili Oil:

  • 2 cups olive oil
  • 4 teaspoons dried crushed red pepper flakes
Combine the oil and crushed red pepper flakes in a heavy small saucepan. Cook over low heat until a thermometer inserted into the oil registers 180 degrees F, about 5 minutes.
Remove from heat. Cool to room temperature, about 2 hours. Transfer the oil and pepper flakes to a 4-ounce bottle. Seal the lid. Refrigerate up to 1 month.
Yield: 2 cups
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Inactive Prep Time: 2 hours



IHCC

I am also sending my post to Presto Pasta Nights 2011.

Presto

31 comments:

  1. Mmmm I love anything "fiery"! Infusing olive oil is a great way to add flavor to a dish. And I think you're right - I see shrimp going very well with this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a dish with angel hair too! Yours looks great and I will try it next time I pull the pasta out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, simple and delicious. I agree, shrimp would be awesome in there too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Giada and I love angel hair pasta.. so thanks for sharing this great combo with Presto Pasta Nights.

    In two weeks, (March 4) Presto Pasta Nights will be celebrating our fourth birthday with a huge party. I do hope you and all your friends join in the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm happy to see someone submit this to IHCC--it's my favorite Giada recipe! We love to toss in kalamata olives.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks wonderful--I love how simple it is. I bet shrimp would really be excellent in it.
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a pasta dish where you have to have seconds. Looks delicious and I love your idea to toss in shrimp (it's my latest obsession nowadays).
    Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog