Pages

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Mustard Rubbed Fried Pork Chops


Iron skillets just get better with age.

Most things do.



We have those great, heavy, seasoned iron skillets that are passed down from our Grandmothers and those special to us.

I have a few rescue skillets that were resuscitated by cleaning and seasoning with TLC.

New iron skillets are purchased, with the anticipation of the beginning of a family heirloom.


I pulled "Old Betsy" out and decided to put a good scald on some pork chops.






This recipe is wonderful. It tenderizes and marinates at the same time. The hint of mustard with each bite is very nice too. I have used Prepared Mustard in the past and this works wonderfully.






Really any spice would work. Ideas of Cumin or curry or floating about in my thoughts and on my palate as I type.







The Recipe:
6-8 Pork Chops
1 Teaspoon seasoned salt
2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder
2 Teaspoons Onion Powder
4 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
2 Teaspoons Paprika
1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
2 Cups all purpose flour
½ cup or so of Vegetable Oil


Rinse pork chops and pat dry. Line a plate or flat pan with foil or parchment paper.

Mix: seasoned salt. Garlic powder, Paprika, Pepper.
Add Prepared Mustard to spice Mixture.
Mix well and apply to both sides of pork chops.
Dredge pork chops in one cup of flour. giving a fine layer of coating.
Refrigerate for one hour.





Heat oil in a heavy skillet until at a good frying temperature.

While oil is heating, dredge chops again in reserved flour.

When oil is hot and pork chops to skillet. Careful not to overcrowd, fry a few at a time.

Cook for approximately ten minutes on each side. Remove and drain on paper towels.

14 comments:

  1. These look wonderful. I love pork chops with mustard. I agree about the cast iron skillets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!!! A new pork chop recipe for me!! Thanks very much for sharing!...F.Y.I. I know those seasoned skillets well!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Total comfort food for me... they look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maggie, coming by to see what you've been up to!! My husband would die over this recipe!!
    Love your heart shaped biscuits and the lentil soup looks great too:) hope your having a great weekend Maggie

    Xoxo Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't add all the recommended spices, but this turned out great! Helped having a recipe to follow instead of MIL quickly relaying info :)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog